First IAAS Asia Pasific Director Meeting 2017 Niigata Japan was Succesfully HeldOctober 15, 2017
Youth Agricareture Goes to SchoolNovember 2, 2017
Hello everyone ! Do you know that spices thrive in various places in Indonesia ? Spices are part of flavorful and strongly flavored plant that is used in small quantities in food as a preservative or perisa in cooking. Until now, Indonesia’s original commodity from Indonesia which contributes much to the country’s economy. If prices in their own country tend to be very cheap, it turns out to be expensive goods abroad. Last week we had a discussion about spice and below are some of the things we talked about last week
About one week ago kementan has declared about spice volunteers, because only 4% from 7000 spices in our country which is utilized, and for that fact is so bad news for all of us. In fact many countries especially in Europe spices is very expensive and that fact is a good news for all of us. And today we want talk about the price of indonesia spices in the world. So this is it :
- Vanili/VanillaVanili is the one of the most expensive commodity in the world, this plant is also called green gold because the price reaches 50 $ or about 650. 000 rupiah / kg. If the quality and post-harvest processing is good in accordance with international standards, the price can reach 80 $ or about 1 million / kg. In one hectare of land can produce 2 tons of vanilla with a spacing of about 2m x 2m. If calculated 2000kg x 300 thousand (lowest price) = 600,000,000 (Six queens million !!) wow. In a year can be 2 times the harvest. It’s really amazing. The current constraint is the knowledge in doing postharvest processing that is not qualified to cause vanilla commodity produced in Indonesia in particular has decreased the price. The relevant government should provide appropriate counseling related to correct postharvest processing so as to increase the local treasury and improve the economy of the peasant community of indonesia vanili.
- Merica/White PepperThis is the most desirable harvest of the world’s chefs because it creates a cuisine full of flavor. The need for this commodity has become a major requirement in high class European cuisine as well as cuisine in the region of the uni emirat arab. The spicy and warm taste and distinctive aroma is very popular with the European community that has a cold climate of snow. For now the world pepper price continues to rise, and now the price for exports to Europe amounted to 160,000 / kg.
- NutmegIndonesia is the best producer of nutmeg in the world. Nutmeg is also an important commodity in Europe, not only as a spice dish but also as a basic ingredient of cosmetic and health products.You can find nutmeg in every kitchen in europe. Currently the price of dried nutmeg perch at 110.000 / kg (export price) and Indonesia is very overwhelmed in providing commodity nutmeg for export to europe. North Sulawesi and South Aceh are the best nutmeg producing districts that are exported to Europe because the toxicity of mushrooms called aflatoxin is very low or even absent. European entrepreneurs are very focused on the quality of products in order to maintain the health of consumers, so that the need for agricultural extension of good cultivation of nutmeg cultivation and post-harvest processing right so that it can meet the standards of export commodities.
- ClovesCloves are perched in the 120,000 / kg price range. 90% of the amount is marketed to domestic cigarette factories and the rest are in traditional markets and for the cosmetics and health industries. Clove has long been cultivated in Indonesia as a raw material for making cigarettes and clove oil. Clove oil can be produced from flowers, twigs and leaves at different prices. Indonesia is the largest producer in the world because cloves can only grow in tropical area.
- CardamomPrice perches ranges from 30-40 thousand / kg. This spice is the most popular commodity in the middle east and India for the manufacture of curry foods that have a very distinctive taste. In Indonesia the plant is cultivated for traditional herbs as well as high quality producers of essential oil for cosmetic, parfume, food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Candle NutsProvince of east Nusa Tenggara is the largest producer of candlenuts in Indonesia. The price for hazelnut peeled about 40 thousand / kg. If processed into hazelnut oil then the price becomes 700 thousand / kg retail. The difficulty is a candlenut oil-making machine that drains enough pockets. The price of refineries is around 10 million for small scale, if large scale requires about 500 million fund. The usefulness of candlenuts in the country is quite high. Usually candlenuts are used in the cosmetics, health, and skin moisturizing industries. Candlenut oil is believed to nourish hair that fall out.